Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Red Wing Work Chukkas... Nicey Nicey...

I've wanted a pair of Red Wings to wear with my plaid shirts & denim for a while now... But biting the bullet has been a tough call. Why? I have size 15 tootsies... What's the problem? I hear you saying. Red Wing's are made in size 15! What a fortuitous coincidence! Aye - that is true. Very true. But they're also very chunky shoes and I run the very real risk of appearing as though I wear astronaut boots.

But hark! I introduce thee to the RED WING HERITAGE WORK CHUKKA. Nice, yes? Less chunky than most Red Wings, yes? Should I get it? Or maybe that's the wrong question to ask. How about: what colour should I get? Or even, what colours (note the added 's') should I get? Good crikey... Choices choices. How about Sand Mojave and Briar Oil Slick?


Available at Shoebuy (these guys have reasonably priced international shipping).

Poop. I just discovered that this particular model only goes up to size 14. Still... I have to confess that my ACTUAL shoe size is more like a 14.5 anyway (it's just that half sizes aren't available in the upper ranges)... Maybe I'll try them? What's to loose? $30 shipping? pfft... Worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment