Monday, September 28, 2009

WW2 Belgian Map Case Replica (Very Cool!)

So I suddently got a yen for a bracelet. I've always been heavily opposed to men wearing jewellery of any kind - it just isn't my thing. So what's happening? Am I turning feminine? Am I loosing my head with all this fashion nonsense? The answers to those questions are "hopefully not" and "maybe" respectively... Both decidedly ambiguous and not at all reassuring.

Oh well. I want a subtle bracelet. Maybe a leather band, maybe a dull silver ringy clampy thing (like President David Palmer on seasons 1-5 of "24").

Whatever the result of my psychoanalysis of the reasons behind my sudden like for this sort of thing, the point of this post is leather goods. I got browsing some leather goods sites in my quest for bracelets that are suitably subtle and/or acceptable to my somewhat pedantic, OCD enhanced standards. I found something entirely different and decidedly more cool!

Meet the messenger bag with a twist. It's a "WW2 Belgian Map Case Replica" hand made out of a single piece of cow hide by Amish leatherworkers in Pennsylvania (probably spelled it wrong, can't be bothered checking). This thing is so cool. I could perfectly fit my miniature netbook, a texbook and some notepaper in this thing... It would be awesome! Look at the quality! Look at the uniqueness! Look at the price! ... ... say what? Ouch. That's a tad errr... Expensive. $325USD. GOOD CRIKEY.

I still want it. I WILL save up for it and report back when I have one.


Yes, yes. I hear you asking. It's made by "Billykirk" - they do a bunch of other leather stuff, all made in the same way (by Amish leatherworkers, apparently).

No comments:

Post a Comment